Revenue Engineers reviewed the importance of Super6 for SkyBet who swept the board at the eGR Marketing Awards this week. We also look ahead at AAC and deconstruct an affiliate marketing trend from LeoVegas & Unibet
IMPORTANCE OF SUPER 6 TO SKYBET
TLDR: We estimate Super6 drives 100k SkyBet customers at £9.50 CPA
Super6 is a weekly free to play football prediction game where users have to guess 6 correct scores for a weekend worth of football. Tightly integrated with Sky Sports Soccer Saturday and Jeff Stelling the game has proved a huge draw and acquisition channel for Sky Bet.
Based on the 1 million GBP (4 winners) paid out in prizes and the odds of winning our estimates suggest that 500k to 700k players participate each week in the game, meaning they have captured a very large football focused audience.
Based on public figures from SkyBet we know that Super6 successfully cross-sells 15% of players SkyBet and the players have a 25% higher lifetime.
If we assume Super6 cross-sells 75,000 to 105,000 players to SkyBet and the prize money paid for the year is 1 million it means this channel has an effective CPA of £13.33 to £9.52 and must be one of their top performing acquisition sources in terms of volumes and ROI…
This seasons winners
TRENDS IN AFFILIATE CREATIVE
TLDR: LeoVegas & Unibet offering affiliates tracked demo slots games, pretty easy to copy
We have seen a trend where casino operators are offering affiliates demo versions of slot games for their websites, via either iframes widgets (Unibet) and banner ads (Leo Vegas). Unibet have launched a page on their affiliate portal that allows an affiliate to build up an iframe for their website:
- Add tracking IDs
- Set time for in-game pop up message
- Choose Language
- Pick Game
- Generate iFrame
- The game will have (between 30 seconds and 10 minutes) display a pop-up message with an offer including the relevant affiliate tracking code (screenshots below).
- The more content you give affiliates, the more real estate on their website you can claim so we see this as a win.
- Unibet should allow the affiliate the ability to change iFrame sizes (why not go bigger)
- The game does not link to the relevant game landing page, which breaks the user chain of intent
- Would be a perfect opportunity for a free spins welcome offer
Is it difficult?
Our development team have built an in-house demo version of this system in a couple of hours, so should be easy for any casino to develop.
In Game Pop-Up Box
AMSTERDAM AFFILIATE CONFERENCE
If you will be in Amsterdam for the affiliate conference, please feel free to drop into our office for a coffee.
Any questions about anything in todays update please feel to get in touch directly